We believe strongly in protecting your privacy so when we collect personal information from you when you use our website, or our Charity Rallies network (‘websites’), to participate in the community or enter an event we will use our best endeavours only to use it or disclose it in the manner stated below. By using our website services, you agree that we may do so.
1. Communicating with you:
When you register on our website we will send you an email verifying your account. We also reserve the right to send all users of our service email communications from time to time regarding updates and changes to our services, new links to our website and any technical, administrative or legal notices important to our websites, our events and services that we consider essential. Users are not able to unsubscribe from these notices, unless they remove their account from the websites. We also provide opt-in mailing lists on particular topics of interest that you may subscribe to or unsubscribe at any time.
2. Information shared:
We are the sole owners of any information collected on this website. We will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party, without your consent except in the following circumstances:
• We do share non-personal, non-individual information in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes, for example with advertisers on our website or we may tell our commercial partners the number of users in certain demographic groups who use our site. This does not involve disclosing any personal information which can identify any individual user in any way.
• We will disclose your personal information to any appropriate investigative third party if we believe that you are involved in any illegal or harmful conduct or if we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary to:
(1) comply with the law or with legal process;
(2) protect and defend our rights and property or that of our customers;
(3) prevent fraud;
(4) protect against abuse, misuse or unauthorized use of our website; or
(5) protect the personal safety or property of our customers or the public (eg. if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or attempt to pose as someone else, we will disclose such information about you as we have to assist any type of investigation into your actions).
• We may employ other organisations to provide services for us, including for example, arranging events, obtaining visas and processing of credit card payments. These organisations have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and not for any other purposes. They are bound by confidentiality agreements not to disclose any information for any other purpose.
Our website contains links to other websites. Please note that we are
not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects personal information.
A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier which we transfer to your hard drive through your web browser when you visit our website(s). It enables our own system to recognise you when you visit our website again and improve our service to you. Cookies may also be used to compile aggregate information about areas of our website that are visited most frequently. This traffic information can be used to enhance the content of our website and make your use of it easier. We do not track which pages you looked at while visiting our website. If you wish to reject our cookie, you can configure your browser to do so.